[Clfs-dev] PowerPC64 Users (update)

William Harrington wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Wed Aug 26 13:29:56 PDT 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 14:16 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> Hello Everybody,

I have a working Dual G5 again. Running thermal calibration now.

Go to http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/DualG5/index.html to look at some
pictures.

Basically I just took apart the old system, cleaned it out, made sure
the pump and water blocks wouldn't leak again by applying some
sealant, used some Feser One coolant and distilled water in the
system and removed the old aluminum piping and braided hose with 3/8"
I.D. hose.

Apple Service Diagnostics tests show a total pass. Wahoo! Back to
PPC64 CLFS this weekend. Now to fix two studs that broke off the
bottom of the case which hold the bottom two pegs of the Liquid
Cooling System with some JB Weld.

-William