[Clfs-dev] CBLFS - transcode-1.0.5

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 28 09:01:40 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:40:12PM -0400, Joe Ciccone wrote:
> db m wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Instructions for building transcode-1.0.5 include reference to 2 patches ;
> >
> > http://svn.cross-lfs.org/svn/repos/patches/transcode/transcode-1.0.5-bigdir-1.patch
> > http://svn.cross-lfs.org/svn/repos/patches/transcode/transcode-1.0.5-lzo2-1.patch
> >
> > These patches do not exist --- previous versions (for transcode-1.0.4)
> > are sitting
> > in the repo instead ; these still apply fine to transcode-1.0.5
> >
> > Rather than edit this page and make versioning information appear
> > disjointed,
> > can someone with access to the patches repo please check this and perhaps
> > change filenames as appropriate? If not, let me know and I'll edit the
> > wiki page.
> >
> Blame the last person that made the edit. Chances are the patches will
> work with the new version, without looking at what they do and at the
> code I couldn't tell you.
 To throw a spanner in the works, I built a pure64 x86_64 a month
ago, but using gcc-4.2.4 [ that was a diversion to see if my evince
problems had gone ].  Transcode-1.0.6 built without _any_ patches
(although I did have to make some seds because of the recent ffmpeg
snapshot I used) - details buried within my somewhat long notes
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/new-desktop-late-2008-first-attempt.gz

> > Also, I did notice transcode-1.0.5 compiles fine *without* the
> > '--disable-nuv' switch

 I needed this on 1.0.6, otherwise the build craps out in nuv/.
What architecture/size are you building ?

 This is one of those av packages where things mostly have to be
specified, so I'll mention my configure used
./configure --prefix=/usr  --enable-freetype2 --enable-ogg \
 --enable-vorbis --enable-a52 --enable-theora --enable-libxml2 \
 --disable-nuv

 As I mentioned in my notes, this isn't something I've ever found
time to use, so there might still be issues with my build.

ĸen