[Clfs-dev] CLFS Embedded

db m myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:41:20 PST 2008

Greets,

>Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 05:40:11 -0800
>From: macbeth142
>To: clfs-dev
>Subject: Re: [Clfs-dev] CLFS Embedded
>

>Don, did you first build a basic toolchain for the uclibc target?  The gcc/binutils MUST be something along the lines of x-x-x-uclibc.  For i686 it'd be i686-pc-linux-uclibc.  It'll >obviously error out since the gcc/binutils on your system are looking for objects using glibc in /lib and /usr/lib/gcc.  Basicly the steps for changing your toolchain is.  Build >target binutils, then static target gcc, then c library, then target gcc.  The reasons for this order is outlined in the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_toolchain.

Daniel, thanks for the tips and pointers - between the embedded & sysroot books I figured out what was
going wrong where, and now have the cross-tools all compiled cleanly and (seemingly) sane. When I
arise again I'll finish the build off, get it booting etc etc and do some further testing to make sure it *is*
indeed sane. I've a couple of questions too, but they can wait....and I'll get my notes sorted as well if
it all checks out. Right now though, I gotta get some sleep.....

Regards,

Don

Multiple prizes and the ultimate dream beach house! Take a summer road trip with Windows Live Hotmail.