[Clfs-dev] CLFS Embedded

db m myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 22:05:22 PST 2008

Greets,

>Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 05:40:11 -0800
>From: macbeth142
>To: clfs-dev
>Subject: Re: [Clfs-dev] CLFS Embedded
>

>Don, did you first build a basic toolchain for the uclibc target?  The gcc/binutils MUST be something along the lines of x-x-x-uclibc.  For i686 it'd be i686-pc-linux-uclibc.  It'll >obviously error out since the gcc/binutils on your system are looking for objects using glibc in /lib and /usr/lib/gcc.  Basicly the steps for changing your toolchain is.  Build >target binutils, then static target gcc, then c library, then target gcc.  The reasons for this order is outlined in the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_toolchain.

Hmmm....my answer is going to be 'I followed the book to the letter' ..... which infers 'yes I did'...I still have the build trees handy.

The binutils config.status says I did this ;

 ../binutils-2.17/configure  --prefix=/mnt/clfs/cross-tools --target=i586-pc-linux-uclibc --with-sysroot=/mnt/clfs --disable-nls --enable-shared --disable-multilib

Similarly, gcc config.status says I did ;

../gcc-4.1.2/configure   --prefix=/mnt/clfs/cross-tools --target=i586-pc-linux-uclibc --disable-multilib --with-sysroot=/mnt/clfs --disable-nls --disable-shared  \
--disable-threads --enable-languages=c

Mind you, this all happened before I got your note to mimic sysroot build instructs....so 'things happen' ,
and also, I doubt the lfslivecd is particularly suited for this task either. Over the weekend I'll redress
all of this and get something happening.....I'd like to see the clfs embedded book 'working great' and
I've got some time to help out with that task. More later....

Regards,

Don