[Clfs-dev] Seeking help to boot PowerPC64-Multilib

John Frankish frankish at dubai.oilfield.slb.com
Tue Nov 11 21:32:33 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm compiling

Version SVN-20081109-PowerPC64-Multilib on a ps3 and everything is
going fine so far - I've been compiling alongside ydl-6, using the
method outlined here

<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/lfs_next_to_existing_systems.txt>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/lfs_next_to_existing_systems.txt
i.e. I've created a folder /clfs and start like this:

# mount --bind /clfs /mnt/clfs
# export CLFS=/mnt/clfs

and then enter the chroot environment.

I believe at the end of Chapter 10 I can install /sbin/pre-init from
lfs_next_helpers.tar.bz2 to be able to boot from /clfs. What I cannot
figure out is which elements of yaboot (if any) I need to install to
/clfs in Chapter 10 and how in Chapter 12 I need to modify my
existing (ydl-6) yaboot.conf to be able to have the option of booting
from either ydl-6 or the

PowerPC64-Multilib in /clfs

I'd be grateful for any pointers.

John