[Clfs-dev] Meeting or thread about development

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 9 07:50:01 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 12:05:20AM -0500, wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wrote:
> I would like to setup a meeting or thread to discuss future development:
>
> things like which kernel headers to stick with
> what versions of projects to stick with

 I'm still hoping that we'll get 1.1 out soon-ish, and for that I'm
reluctant to go beyond 2.6.24-series kernel headers.  Of course, 2.6.24
is vulnerable in so many ways - if I get time, I'll be looking at the
ubuntu kernel patches on top of 2.6.24.4.
> This also depends on multiple arches because some things still are not
> working properly
> especially with sparc64 systems (ping, ftp, a few other things maybe
> firefox)
>
> Also I'm working on the powerpc pure64 book which I delegated myself
> to work on, and I need to
> draft, test, and finalize that, so anyone with ppc64 arch let me know
> you got such a machine.

 I've got a single-processor low-end G5 - I'm unconvinced about
trying to develop pure64 on it (multilib has been quite painful
enough with recent toolchains, thank you).

ĸen