[Clfs-dev] Meeting or thread about development

kala mazoo myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 00:37:03 PDT 2008

Greets,

> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 00:05:20 -0500
> Subject: [Clfs-dev] Meeting or thread about development
>
> Hello everybody,
>

>      After the long haul of being busy, which seems like forever, and
> having a bit of a break, I have no prepared myself for the big dig
> into CLFS.
>
> In my possession I have:
>
> Sun Ultra 60
> Apple Powermac Dual G5
> Q6600 machine
> Dual P3
> 486 DX2 66
> Linksys WRT54GS 32MB Flash plastic thing
>
> Now, I have room for plenty of stuff to do.
>
> I would like to setup a meeting or thread to discuss future development:
>
> things like which kernel headers to stick with
> what versions of projects to stick with
>
> This also depends on multiple arches because some things still are not
> working properly
> especially with sparc64 systems (ping, ftp, a few other things maybe
> firefox)
>
> Also I'm working on the powerpc pure64 book which I delegated myself
> to work on, and I need to
> draft, test, and finalize that, so anyone with ppc64 arch let me know
> you got such a machine.
>
> Everyone's input that is involved or is silently building CLFS out
> there who would like something to do over
> the summer (or possibly longer) and even for a while. Some of us are
> burnt out and are taking vacations from this and whatever, but even
> input from them for a meeting is quite valuable. Some of us are at the
> point at even finding a new hobby rather than dealing with linux and
> gnu's issues anymore. So find some fortitude within that
> empty visceral of body and post to this thread.
>
> If a meeting on IRC is good, anytime is good for me.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William (Ratrophy at #Cross-LFS on irc.freenode.net)

Well, it's actually winter time down here in .AU (but you already
knew that of course ;)

FWIW, this list has been a rather quiet place for quite a long
while now...,I'm no longer sure how many souls watch it now.

However, as one who is 'silently building CLFS' as you put it,
then I respond with this posting...(that's 1 soul ;-)...I build mostly
on AMD 64bit/ix86_64 stuffs....

Regards,

Don

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT