[Clfs-dev] mac-fdisk in PPC64 multilib

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 16 04:44:52 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:12:09AM -0500, wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I first noticed parted being used in ppc64 multilib, and mac-fdisk
> isn't.  Ken, do you have any input on this?

 It got replaced sometime in 2005, probably before Jim reset the
changelogs.  At that time we didn't have a ppc64 book, the change
was made in ppc.  I don't have strong feelings either way (used to use
mac-fdisk, but parted works ok).  Probably, one reason for the
change is that mac-fdisk isn't maintained and parted is.  Perhaps
someone thought that parted would spread to other architectures in
the book (e.g. it works fine on x86 as far as I can remember).

ĸen