[Clfs-dev] mac-fdisk in PPC64 multilib

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Tue Jul 15 22:12:09 PDT 2008

Hello,

    I first noticed parted being used in ppc64 multilib, and mac-fdisk
isn't.  Ken, do you have any input on this? I've installed mac-fdisk
on this and it works fine. I do know that parted probably has been
updated to work with
Apple_HFSX partitions well. I didn't encounter it with my slackintosh
install. I installed Tiger on a Apple-HFSX partition and setup
yaboot.conf to boot OSX from it and all worked well and booted OSX
from the Apple_HFSX partition.

    I like to use mac-fdisk, never used parted for anything in my
life. Anyone else out there using ppc or ppc64 and wish to comment,
please do!

    Installing mac-fdisk wasn't a problem, and anyone needing it would
not have an issue either. I am just curious as why it isn't installed.
It is a core utility with many ppc64 linux distributions.
Sincerely,

William