[Clfs-dev] Help cross coimpiling libvorbis to ARM

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:32:33 PST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 3:24 PM, Bryan Kadzban <bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net> wrote:

> Luís Vitório Cargnini wrote:
> > my file exist and its content is the following:
> >
> > (enterprise:~) lvcargnini% cat
> > /opt/arm-linux/arm-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libogg.la
> > <...>
> > # Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
> > libdir='/usr/lib'
>
> That's the issue, right there.  :-)  That value needs to be
> /opt/arm-linux/arm-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib instead of /usr/lib.
>
> I don't know how libtool generates the libdir for .la files that it
> creates, but you can change it without any problems.  (Perhaps it has
> something to do with the --libdir given to the configure script?  I
> doubt it, since you showed the configure args that you used for
> libvorbis, and those included --libdir, but I'm not sure.)

It would be the --libdir used when building libogg. Since you're using
--prefix=/usr, libdir=/usr/lib.

What happens if you just delete the .la files in /opt/.../usr/lib? I
only know of two packages that insist on finding the .la files on disk
(apr and apr-util). By default, when libtool can't find a .la file on
the system, it will just pass along the .so to use, which will be the
one gcc tells it about. On my (native) system, I only have two .la
files.

--
Dan