[Clfs-dev] GCC 4.3.0 build?

Brett Neumeier bneumeier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:52:51 PDT 2008

At this point I have what appears to be a completely working and functional
cross-toolchain using current stable releases (glibc 2.7, binutils 2.18, gcc
4.3.0, linux kernel 2.6.25) -- it is working at least well enough that I'm
able to make progress in the CLFS book.

I had to switch to using a sysroot-style toolchain build; and I skipped most
of the specs adjustments, trusting that the sysroot machinery would take
care of ensuring that the cross-toolchain is building and linking things
properly. I'm not sure that's a good thing to trust.

My questions at this point are:

(a) is anyone interested in details of how I did it, either to reproduce the
work or review it for correctness?

(b) would it be worthwhile to prepare patches to the CLFS book based on
these changes? And, if so, what's the most appropriate way to submit them?

Cheers,

bn

--
Brett Neumeier (bneumeier at gmail.com)