[Clfs-dev] GCC 4.3.0 build?

Brett Neumeier bneumeier at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 14:21:09 PDT 2008

> once you've figured out the solution can you please post in this thread
> what
> the problem and the solution are?  I'm interested in gcc-4.3.0 but don't
> have
> the time to join irc.

Sure. Here's the deal (and thank you again tooly for your assistance!).

There are two changes to section 5.7 (cross gcc static) needed for GCC
4.3.0.

First -- the cross_search_paths patch is no longer needed, since it is
incorporated into upstream GCC now; and the branch_update patch from 4.2.2
is also unneeded.

Second -- in 4.3.0, the gcc developers switched from autoconf 2.13 (or
something like that) to autoconf 2.59. As a result, the configure command
should specify --build=$CLFS_HOST instead of --host=$CLFS_HOST.

The specs and posix patches also need to be respun for 4.3.0 but that is not
particularly challenging. (If anyone is interested I can post the patches I
used, here or elsewhere).

Cheers,

bn

--