[Clfs-support] CLFS Intel 64bits host / Intel Atom 32bits

Hellboy hellboy.nospam at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 29 11:46:36 PDT 2023

Hello,

I want to cross-compile on a Lenovo X230 (X86_64bits) host for an
Samsung NC10 (Atom 32bits) target.

I have red the book up to chapter 6.31
(http://www.clfs.org/view/CLFS-3.0.0-SYSVINIT/x86/temp-system/choose.html)

Am I right if I understand I have to choose Boot ?

What is confusing is chapter 7.19 where it's told to tar -jcvf
${CLFS}.tar.bz2 ${CLFS} to the target host and then the book jumps to
chapter V.9 "Bulding the CLFS". Nothing tells if where are still on the
host or if I have to switch ti the target and how ?

According to this old post on the list
http://lists.clfs.org/pipermail/clfs-support-clfs.org/2013-January/006022.htm,
I shoold boot to the Temporary System on the host by adding an entry to
the grub config on the host, correct ?

If it is correct, then I am continuing to build the CLFS on the host
correct ? But how do I switch it on the target host ?

Thanks