[Clfs-support] Clfs-support] Two questions about CLFS sysroot folder and patch apply

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Thu Oct 10 07:26:31 PDT 2019

On 10/10/2019 15:21, DELUGE wrote:

> I have two questions while reading CLFS Embedded.
>
> (1)
>
> On http://clfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/x86/cross-tools/sysroot.html,
> when execute the command below which folder should be the current
> directory in terminal? (Is it ~/ or ${CLFS}/cross-tools/${CLFS_TARGET}/ ?)
>
> “ln -sfv . ${CLFS}/cross-tools/${CLFS_TARGET}/usr”

It does not matter: This command links an absolute path
${CLFS}/cross-tools/${CLFS_TARGET}/usr to
a relative path ".", but the relative path is relative to the second
argument's directory. So it does not matterwhere this command is issued...
(you may check that this command does what you want by issuing
"ls -l ${CLFS}/cross-tools/${CLFS_TARGET}/usr" after issuing it)

> (2)
>
> On http://clfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/x86/materials/patches.html,
> after I downloaded iana-etc-2.30-update-2.patch file to
> ${CLFS}/sources/, what command should I execute to apply this patch?

Nothing. The patch will be applied much later in Chapter 5 (section
5.7). It cannot be applied before you unpack the iana-etc tarball anyway
(read again the "Important" notes in 4.1 introduction...)