[Clfs-support] clfs trac/wiki: bootloaders: preferred src-format for editing, for sending patches.

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Sat May 6 03:08:34 PDT 2017

> Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 10:30:55 -0400
> From: Andrew Bradford <andrew at bradfordembedded.com>
>
> On 05/04 20:18, akhiezer wrote:
> >
> > The clfs trac/wiki bootloaders pages - for grub (-legacy), grub2, &
> > syslinux - could do with some tidy-up for some typoes [sic..] & similar.
> >
> > Is it preferred that the xml or html or markdown or what, be edited,
> > and the patches/diffs mailed to this list: what src-format is preferred?
> >
> > The patches are just simple typo/&c fixes: there's no changes to
> > structure of pages, or technical matters, &c.
>
> The trac wiki is just a wiki, you edit it through the normal website
> interface, there's no git repo or other source control system which
> generates the trac pages (that I know of).
[...]

OK. Have (essentially) setup local-tracking (here) of said content
(todo: perh entire wiki) as a sort-of remote-branch.

So, now it's a matter of setting up some sort of efficient 'push';
for, editing the wiki directly via its gui via a web-browser login,
is a bit too donkey-like.

But either way, yes, a login would be useful, thanks; and yes, is for
responsible, careful, co-operative usage, only.

As noted earlier, imho clfs-embedded should have at least one of the
bootloaders as an integral part of the book.

> You need to have a trac account which has wiki edit privileges to do
> this (I believe the WIKI_MODIFY permission is the one).  I believe any
> authenticated user is able to create and edit tickets, but there appears
> to be a separate permission for wiki modifications.
>
> If you don't have a trac account, I can create one for you.  If you want
> me to do this, send me an off-list email with the username, email
> address, and real name you'd like to be associated with your trac
> account.  I'll send you back a temporary password that you can then
> login with and change.

akh