[Clfs-support] Compiling multilib python

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Jun 7 06:32:33 PDT 2016

Subject: Re: Compiling multilib python
From:    "William Harrington" <kb0iic at berzerkula.org>
Date:    Tue, June 7, 2016 13:27
To:      clfs-support at clfs.org
Cc:      "Anthony Jagers" <noonetinone at gmail.com>

On Tue, June 7, 2016 01:11, Anthony Jagers wrote:
> In the CBLFS book there are three sed's.  Did you happen to use them?
> Do you deem them necessary?
>
> These are ones(32-bit):
>
> sed -i "s@/usr/X11R6@${XORG_PREFIX}@g" setup.py &&
> sed -i 's@/lib64@/lib at g' Modules/_ctypes/libffi/m4/libtool.m4 \
>     Modules/_ctypes/libffi/configure setup.py &&
> sed -i "s/'lib64'/'lib'/g" setup.py

They are when you have a 64 bit or multilib toolchain. It has been a long
time since I built Python with a multilib system, but at the time the
instructions and patches were created, they were proper. I doubt Python 3
has improved their system for multilib. Python 2.7 surely didn't from 2.6.
Python is a pain when it comes to multilib.

Sincerely,

William