[Clfs-support] Ncurses Chapter 6.10 compilation error

Hellwig Geisse hellwig.geisse at mni.thm.de
Sun Jan 17 01:36:35 PST 2016

William,

On Sa, 2016-01-16 at 14:58 +0000, William Harrington wrote:
> Does AWK=gawk during configure fix it?

yes, indeed, thanks. This is a much cleaner solution
than my patch for the generator script.

> The only time I saw the issue occur is when using Ncurses 5.9. Since
> updating to Ncurses 6.0, I have not seen the issue. You can view the
> lfs-support lfs-dev and lfs tickets regarding the same issue. I use
> slackware and debian hosts when building and moving to Ncurses 6.0 fixed
> the issue. We need more information as to why and how.

For the records:

My build system is a 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04. "uname -a" yields:
Linux papa2 3.13.0-74-generic #118-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 17
22:52:10 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I used the current git version of the CLFS book and extracted
the commands with the "automated Linux from scratch" scripts
for a 32-bit big-endian MIPS system, as this machine is remotely
similar to my ECO32 SoC and thus a good starting point for the
porting effort.

Thanks again,
Hellwig