[Clfs-support] Does anyone have Python-2.7.8-multilib-1.patch?

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Mar 10 16:53:32 PDT 2015

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 18:43:08 +0000 (UTC)
Jonathan Zeke <swirlingabyss at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks, but I already tried the 2.7.3 patch, but I haven't tried the 'remark' mentioned on the cblfs wiki. Hopefully the combo of the two will work.
> Jonathan
>

>      On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:11 AM, Martin Ward <macros_the_black at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

>  On 10/03/15 13:05, William Harrington wrote:
> > On Tue, March 10, 2015 01:45, Jonathan Zeke wrote:
> >> This patch seems to have dropped off the internet. I can't find it
> >> anywhere on clfs.org or lfs.org, and googling turns up nothing but dead
> >> ends. I've tried to get by without it, but multilib won't work if I don't
> >> have it.
> >> Thanks,Jonathan
> > Hello Jonathan,
> >
> > I'll need to look at the server and see if it exists anywhere. We use
> > clfs.org and not cross-lfs.org at the moment. I haven't tested the svn
> > side of things at all. I won't be able to check for another 10 hours. You
> > can try asking someone at the #cross-lfs irc channel at irc.freenode.net .
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > William Harrington
> >
> The only one I can find is the 2.7.3 patch which might suffice(taken
> from an Arch build)
>
> hope that helps
>
> martin

When I upgraded Python to 2.7.8, I don't think I worked on the multilib patch. If I did work on the patch, it would be in the repo. The 2.7.3 one was hell as it was. Check out some of the distros which have some. The best place to check, which appzer0 in IRC helped me with the last one, is the 0linux distro. I haven't the time right now to look at it. I'm pretty sure 2.7.8 will need some edits from the 2.7.3 multilib patch.

At one time I suggested installing full Python twice in separate prefixes and scrap all of the multilib mumbo jumbo. It's a pain and doesn't even work perfect, but barely.

William Harrington <kb0iic at berzerkula.org>