[Clfs-support] (x86_64 Multilib) 18 errors when checking Automake

Jonathan Zeke swirlingabyss at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 13:30:37 PST 2015

I just went ahead and installed it and moved on. Last night I booted into the system for the first time. I have a couple bugs to iron out, but everything seems to be working ok. We'll see how things go when I star installing stuff from CBLFS.

     On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 3:23 PM, William Harrington <kb0iic at berzerkula.org> wrote:

 On Feb 28, 2015, at 23:10, Jonathan Zeke <swirlingabyss at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,I'm having some trouble while making Automake. My Host system: AMD
> FX-8150 w/ 32Gb RAm Running Linux Mint 17.1
> I'm building CLFS x_86_64 multilib with systemd
>
> I'm currently in the book at 10.62. Automake-1.14.1. Here's the link:
> http://www.clfs.org/view/CLFS-3.0.0-SYSTEMD/x86_64/final-system/automake.html
> Here's a link to test-suite.log : http://chopapp.com/#s1ic7l64
> Two of the errors are due to linking to libfl.so instead of the static
> library. Its not at all new and I can find it in google. There is a patch
> to fix it that people keep referencing to, but I can't find the actual
> patch.
>

> Hello,
> The tests which fail link with the shared flex library rather than static.
> Ignore the test and move on. If you are concerned, make Automake link with
> the static library as was the behavior before the new flex release. I've
> not known of a patch for it.
>
> Sincerely,
> William Harrington
>
>On Sun, March 1, 2015 20:36, Jonathan Zeke wrote:
> That will fix all 18 fails? Not just the two? If I rename libfl.so so it
> can't find it, the two that mentioned yylex become xfails, but the other
> sixteen failures persist. Should I still just move on?
>
>      On Sunday, March 1, 2015 9:43 AM, William Harrington
> <kb0iic at berzerkula.org> wrote:

Hello Jonathan,

Look at what LFS does with automake. I haven't looked at their testsuite
logs to see how many errors they get.

Automake edits:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/automake.html

Build logs: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/development/

Many times you won't get perfect test suite results, but can usually find
a reason as to why certain tests fail and determine if it is critical or
not.