[Clfs-support] clfs- x86_multilib_dev systemd-218 32-bit build question

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Feb 10 06:19:28 PST 2015

On Sun, February 8, 2015 12:54, lux-integ wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am having a go at clfs x86 multilib.  I have reached  here
> (  http://clfs.org/view/git/x86_64/final-system/systemd.html )
>  Systemd-213 as in the book compiles for 32-bit.
>
> However systemd-213 is  almost a year old and I would like to use
> systemd-218.
> When I tried systemd-217 and -218 make ends like so
>

> src/shared/arphrd-list.c:31:28: fatal error: arphrd-to-name.h: No such
> file or
> directory
>  #include "arphrd-to-name.h"
>                             ^
> compilation terminated.
>
> #-----
>
> It is failing on the
> make libsystemd.la
>
> I have not delved into  options for  compiling   sysemd but
> I looked at lfs (who are using systemd-218
>  (
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/systemd/chapter06/systemd.html )
> and wonder if the recipe could be used to make  here the 32-bit systemd
> and
> the next step systemd-64 bit in clfs multilib.,
>
> OR  if workrounds are available to bypass the  build-failure described
> above.
>
> Suggestions  welcomed.
>
> sincerely
> luxInteg

Hello,

Mighty big changes between 213 and 217/218. Look at our Systemd ticket at
http://trac.clfs.org/ticket/1003

Build 32bit like 64bit, but make sure -m32 and the libraries will go to
/lib and /usr/lib. The headers need to be generated and I'm guessing when
we update the book for latest Systemd, we'll need to install the full
Systemd twice. Which will leave 64bit systemd as the running flavor.