[Clfs-support] problem report for 3.0.0 beta 1 PowerPC SysVInit instructions

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Sep 9 19:06:42 PDT 2014

On Sep 9, 2014, at 20:24, Dave Gomboc <dave_gomboc at acm.org> wrote:

> configure:17242: checking which gmp to use
> configure:17244: result: system
> configure:17266: checking gmp.h usability
> configure:17266: gcc -c -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -malign-double
> -fstrict-aliasing -ffast-math -I/cross-tools/include  conftest.c >&5
> configure:17266: $? = 0
> configure:17266: result: yes
> configure:17266: checking gmp.h presence
> configure:17266: gcc -E -I/cross-tools/include  conftest.c
> configure:17266: $? = 0
> configure:17266: result: yes
> configure:17266: checking for gmp.h
> configure:17266: result: yes
> configure:17274: checking for main in -lgmp
> configure:17293: gcc -o conftest -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
> -malign-double -fstrict-aliasing -ffast-math -I/cross-tools/include
> -L/cross-tools/lib -Wl,-rpath,/cross-tools/lib conftest.c -lgmp  -lgmp
>> &5
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /cross-tools/lib/libgmp.so when
> searching for -lgmp
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgmp
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /cross-tools/lib/libgmp.so when
> searching for -lgmp
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgmp

The problem is no compatible gmp library was found.

The output of my configure for the cross-tools is:
checking which gmp to use... system
checking gmp.h usability... yes
checking gmp.h presence... yes
checking for gmp.h... yes
checking for main in -lgmp… yes

At this point it doesn’t matter which target the build is, as this is building cross-tools for the host to run with the build toolchain for the target.

Somehow, GMP has not been installed properly. Check the commands and make sure steps to build the cross-tools are being done properly. I’ve built the cross-tools plenty of times without encountering this type of issue.