[Clfs-support] 10.66. Gzip-1.6 test error "zgrep-signal" "chroot method"

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sun Mar 16 18:10:31 PDT 2014

On Mar 15, 2014, at 2:58 PM, Robin wrote:

> Cleared and rebuilt, USE_ARCH=64 make check still fails on zgrep-
> signal
The test fails because it can't find a proper perl the way it runs
perl in the script.

Since PERL=perl in that specific test, it isn't going to work with a
mulitlib build.
perl is a link to the multi-arch wrapper.

We need to use PERL= variable during make check.

if we do this (which is specifically telling the test to use the 64bit
perl installed):

make PERL=perl-64 check

PASS: zgrep-signal

And all tests pass.

It'll also pass when using the 32 bit perl install  PERL=perl-32

I propose for the gzip check during the multilib final ssytem build to
tell the test to use /usr/bin/perl-64