[Clfs-support] LDD shows local dependenciesw

Kasindorf, Barry (Consultant) Barry.Kasindorf at GTECH.COM
Tue Jul 8 12:05:21 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am building CLFS for x86-unknown using the first few chapters of the V3.0 book from GIT. I was told this is stable enough now to use. Can't get v2.1 to work correctly
What I am confused by is that when we try to run the GCC cross-compiler on a different host system than the one it was built on it fails. It tries to load the wrong (local) glibc from the /lib64 directory.
LDD on the x86_64-unk.....-gcc in the cross-tools/bin directory shows dependencies on local libc.so.6 and is trying to load the wrong version of glibc. I assumed an ldd on the cross gcc should only try to reference libraries installed in /cross-tools. The libc.so only seems to be installed in /tools not /crosstools and LD_PATH is not loading that one (LD_PATH is empty).
There is a gcc-4.8.3 but it doesn't seem to be used by the cross-tools when I try to build things using it.
Any ideas?
Thanks
-Barry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the intended recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender by replying to this email.  Thank you.