[Clfs-support] bison-3.0.2 32-bit libs make check 44 unexpected failure

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Jan 29 07:32:36 PST 2014

On Jan 29, 2014, at 9:25 AM, Charlie Brown wrote:

>> I haven't ran the tests for the systemd branch at all. But if you
>> look when
>> it was running tests, you may be able to find the errors or reason
>> why they
>> failed. Do you have a log or output?
>
> Sorry, I should have taken a good look at the logs bison generated
> under the source directory.
>
> It turns out that that the errors are caused by CXX not set with
> $BUILD32. With CXX="g++ $BUILD32" all runned tests passed.
> Maybe the CXX build flags should be added to bison instructions as
> well.
>
> Thank you for your reply!
>
> Sincerely,
> 王文鑫
> Charlie

Thanks for the report. I'll look into this and make the require
changes. I'm also in the process of reverifying that PKG_CONFIG= is
needed for temp-system make when the host has pkg-config installed and
gc and guile and some others. Make is now using pkg-config to find
some things.

I'm testing with an Arch linux host which I have quite a bit installed
from base, and found the issue with Make.