[Clfs-support] build error because gcc configure option is misplaced

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Jan 22 10:49:15 PST 2014

On Jan 22, 2014, at 6:47 AM, Sela Selah wrote:

> Should place into the chapter “5.18. Cross GCC-4.8.2 - Final”, and
> vice versa.
>
> If follow the wrong configure, the build of gcc will not create
> newlib but try to use the header of eglibc, results error like this:
> Some/path/i/forgot/tsystem.h: fatal error: stdio.h no such file or
> directory.

Okay thanks for information. I'll get it updated in the master and in
systemd branch.

Probably for CLFS 2.0 and 2.1 if the problem exists, most likely it'll
be in the errata as I don't know if we'll release any more versions
for 2.0 and 2.1.

I've changed the configure options to be correct and consistent with
the other multilib builds along with abi=64 of course.
I'm doing a test run of cross tools through temp system for mips64
with x86_64 host.

MIPS is one of our least tested architectures, and any issues you
encounter the devs would be glad to hear about.