[Clfs-support] DHCPCD: bonding

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Feb 18 19:52:19 PST 2014

On Feb 18, 2014, at 6:13 PM, Alexey Orishko wrote:

> In any case, it would be a big bonus to have working bonding setup
> examples in the book.
>
> Regards,
> Alexey

It's an advanced ip routing issue and for advanced networking the book
won't have it. There are plenty of examples on the web. If you are
running an init script, make sure it starts before the network script
is started. I'm pretty sure you need to have bond configured before
you run dhcpcd.

Of course you'll already have ifconfig.bond0 with service dhcpcd and
to start on boot if I'm following how it is to work, properly.

I don't know exactly how you have your script setup, which S and K
numbers you gave and when they start/stop in the runlevels.