[Clfs-support] CLFS support

Kevyn-Alexandre Paré kapare at rogue-research.com
Mon Feb 10 15:14:43 PST 2014

>> ./tools/install.sh -D -l /lib/libc.so
>> /mnt/clfs/cross-tools/arm-linux-musleabihf/lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1 ||
>> true
>
> <snip>
>
>> Don't see the ld-musl-armhf.so?
>
> Just before my snip is the ld-musl-armhf.so.1 getting installed as a
> symlink to /lib/libc.so.  If this fails, the "|| true" makes sure it
> doesn't cause an error.  The symlink failing isn't an error condition if
> you're just making a cross compiler and not also a root fs, thus it
> shouldn't fail most of the time for the way the musl devs use it.
>
> Since the symlink's target is a full path, if you weren't actually
> running a root file system using musl, that symlink may point to your
> build host's libc which likely isn't musl.

So since I have created a script, bash, that run all the procedure
this particular command in the script was failing ? But if I run it
manually it works...

ls /mnt/clfs/cross-tools/arm-linux-musleabihf/lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1
ls: cannot access
/mnt/clfs/cross-tools/arm-linux-musleabihf/lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1: No
such file or directory
clfs at knight:/mnt/clfs/sources$ ls /lib/libc.so
ls: cannot access /lib/libc.so: No such file or directory
clfs at knight:/mnt/clfs/sources$ cd musl-0.9.14
clfs at knight:/mnt/clfs/sources/musl-0.9.14$ ./tools/install.sh -D -l
/lib/libc.so /mnt/clfs/cross-tools/arm-linux-musleabihf/lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1
|| true
clfs at knight:/mnt/clfs/sources/musl-0.9.14$ ls
/mnt/clfs/cross-tools/arm-linux-musleabihf/lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1
/mnt/clfs/cross-tools/arm-linux-musleabihf/lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1

I made smaller script that do only musl cross compilation and it's
working file and creating the symlink so I will try to see why my
script is not behaving as expected.

thx,

-KA