[Clfs-support] Mounting Kernel Filesystems

Alexey Orishko alexey.orishko at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 16:40:33 PST 2014

Hi guys,

I'm doing chroot CLFS 2.1.0 x86 variant and I need a clarification in
the chapter 8.10.1 for two mount commands:
mount -vt devpts -o gid=5,mode=620 none /dev/pts
mount -vt tmpfs none /dev/shm

Am I supposed to run them in chroot environment or would it be
sufficient to do similar commands in 8.3 executed as host's root user?

While doing them in chroot I got an error:
chroot. root:/$ id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
chroot. root:/$ mount -vt tmpfs none /dev/shm
mount: only root can use "--types" option (effective UID is 2xxx)

where 2xxx is the UID of the local clfs user on host system.
How could clfs user be involved?

Regards,
Alexey