[Clfs-support] ppc64 recovery, and yaboot ?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 24 19:34:45 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 01:17:05AM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  Interestingly, gentoo found itself (the cdrom) at /dev/hda so I
> guess my attempt to recompile the kernel to try to use /dev/sr0 for
> CDs was a wasted effort.  Will need to look at my udev rules.

 For the little, if anything, that it is worth - 3.10 kernels on
ppc64 are a _lot_ nicer than the 2.6 from which I updated on the
old system : ondemand cpufreq now works nicely (I used to use
powernowd with the userspace governor), and my reconfigured kernel
DOES manage to find the cdrom at /dev/sr0 [ with the same Suse fix
for the rules that I noted in one of the LFS lists ] so that 'eject'
from util-linux "just works".  So, I've no idea why gentoo are using
/dev/hda for the cdrom ;-)

ĸen