[Clfs-support] PPL and GMP - config error

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Sep 3 08:45:51 PDT 2013

On Sep 2, 2013, at 8:52 PM, san wrote:

> Yes, but i did not found anything helpful.
>
> I've found that when i get source of gmp (5.1.2)  and most recent
> ppl, configure works but at make i get:
>
>  error: redefinition of 'class >
> std::numeric_limits<__gmp_expr<__mpz_struct [1], __mpz_struct [1]> >'
>
> Same as if i upload GMP only. After some research i've found solution:
> http://www.hugovil.com/repository/hvlinux/patches/ppl-0.12.1-resolve-conflicts-with-gmp-5.1.0.patch
>
> Works like a charm. Thanks!

So PPL did find GMP, it just didn't build.

Have to be clear in what the problem is and give some errors and any
deviations from the book.

Yes, a patch is required for that. Be careful about upgrading
toolchain packages like that with the stable book.

This was your first message:

checking for the GMP library version 4.1.3 or above... no
configure: error: Cannot find GMP version 4.1.3 or higher.
GMP is the GNU Multi-Precision library:
see http://www.swox.com/gmp/ for more information.
When compiling the GMP library, do not forget to enable the C++
interface:
add --enable-cxx to the configuration options.

Which means you weren't using GMP 4.1.3 or greater?  If you were using
the book's version and didn't do any strange deviations, the problem
wouldn't occur.

But now, you say it found it, but had an error during make, which
means you were using GMP 5.1.x, instead of GMP 5.0.x.

Not sure what was going on there, but glad you fixed the problem.