[Clfs-support] gcc-4.8.0 clfs

appzer0 appzer0 at free.fr
Sun May 26 07:40:39 PDT 2013

Le 26/05/2013 16:31, bvl a écrit :
> On Sunday 26 May 2013 15:08:52 Martin Ward wrote:
>> i.e  readelf -e /tools/bin/env | grep interpreter
> requesting program intrepreter /tools/tools/lib/ld-linux.x86-64.so.2
>
> I dont know how I've got   /tools/tools   as I am using instructions as in the
> clfs book but updated to eglibc_2.17  fetched from svn

Simple, if /tools already exists, the command ln -sv /somwhere/tools /
will create 'tools' inside '/'. As 'tools' is already there, a 'tools'
will be created under '/tools', so '/tools/tools'.
To make sur your /tools is always correct: invoke 'ln -sv
/somewhere/tools/ /tools' instead. 'ln' would say that tools already
exists and refuse to create the syllink. To override and ignore these
warnings 'ln', use 'ln -sfv' to force links creation. The book is right
(it always is :) ), you just forgot to wipe any CLFS leftovers before
restarting it over.

See:
ln --help
man ln