[Clfs-support] chroot woes with clfs update

bvl bvl at btconnect.com
Sat May 25 17:34:03 PDT 2013

Greetings

I am trying to build  CLFS (x86_64 non multilib) with these:-
gcc-4.8.0
eglibc-2.17

I borrowed the installation of libstdc++-4.8.0
from the latest LFS

( http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter05/gcc-
libstdc++.html )

and inserted it  just after zlib//before binutils in the toolchain.

The toolchain  (stuff for /tools and /cross-tools ) all compile.
However I am unable to chroot.  I keep getting /tools/bin/env  no such file or
directory.

Though its there and not linked to anything in the host system.

And when I do ldd /tools/bin/env
I get the reply
" not a dynamic executible "

I have checked and all envars are set all sources compiled and installed
correctly but I cant chroot.   I am wondering  if   the installation of
libstdc++-4.8.0  is the problem.

Advice  would be appreciated

sincerely
bv