[Clfs-support] re-using a toolchain question

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Thu Jun 6 06:48:53 PDT 2013

On Jun 6, 2013, at 6:39 AM, bvl wrote:

> My  knowledge of perl in zilch
> and I am not confident enough with sed
> to reverse the script shown in section 10.8
>
> so I would be grateful if someone more expert could provide a sed
> ( or perl
> script )  that   readjusts   the linker to use the one in the
> toolchain.

All we do is dump the specs, edit it, and pipe it out to where the
target gcc's specs location is.
All you need to do is remove that file.

$(dirname $(/tools/bin/gcc --print-libgcc-file-name))/specs should
output the specs file location.

rm $(dirname $(/tools/bin/gcc --print-libgcc-file-name))/specs   would
remove it.

Or you can go into /tools/lib/gcc/*/* and rm specs.

You may want to remove the old gcc binaries and install from 4.8.0:

GCC has no uninstall target so you can remove in /usr/bin  *gcc* *g+
+* /usr/lib/gcc

Just do a: find /usr -name 4.8.0    and see what is around.

Then you can verify you are using the proper gcc from /tools/bin when
you enter chroot from this point:
Section 8.5 Entering the chroot (if chrooting)
Or after booting if using the booting method. 7.15

If the sanity check fails afterwards, then the specs file may be still
in /tools