[Clfs-support] gcc-4.8.0 clfs udev questions

bvl bvl at btconnect.com
Sun Jun 2 12:52:29 PDT 2013

On Sunday 02 June 2013 19:20:47 William Harrington wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2013, at 10:40 AM, bvl wrote:
> > eudev installs udevd in /sbin.  The clfsbootscript appears to want
> > this as /lib/udev/udevd
>
> You can't stick with the udev-182 confiugre options from the book as
> eudev has different configure options (./configure --help):
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr   --sysconfdir=/etc --with-rootprefix=""   --
> libexecdir=/lib --bindir=/sbin    --enable-rule_generator  --disable-
> keymap --disable-gudev --enable-instrospection=no --enable-libkmod
>
> Results with:
>
>          prefix:                  /usr
>          exec_prefix:             ${prefix}
>          sysconfdir:              /etc
>          datadir:                 ${datarootdir}
>          includedir:              ${prefix}/include
>          libdir:                  ${exec_prefix}/lib
>
>          rootprefix:
>          rootlibdir:              ${exec_prefix}/lib
>          udevlibexecdir:          /lib/udev
>          datarootdir:             ${prefix}/share
>
>          udevconfdir:             /etc/udev
>          udevconffile:            /etc/udev/udev.conf
>          udevhwdbdir:             /etc/udev/hwdb.d
>          udevhwdbbin:             /etc/udev/hwdb.bin
>          udevkeymapdir:           /lib/udev/keymaps
>          udevkeymapforceredir:    /lib/udev/keymaps/force-release
>          udevrulesdir:            /lib/udev/rules.d
>
>          pkgconfiglibdir:         ${exec_prefix}/lib/pkgconfig
>          sharepkgconfigdir        ${datarootdir}/pkgconfig
>
>          libgudev_includedir      ${prefix}/include/gudev-1.0/gudev
>
>          girdir                   ${datarootdir}/gir-1.0
>          typelibsdir              ${exec_prefix}/lib/girepository-1.0
>

> I'm getting gudev and gir as I'm testing this with a fully built
> server system.
>
> Of course we'll need to update the bootscripts accordingly to how
> eudev installs.

I recompiled eudev with the options (incidently  it refused --enable-
instrospection=no  so I reverted to --disable-instrospection )

but it still wont boot

Any ideas?
--misconfigured chroot environment ( so /proc and /sys up the creek )  ??
--something wrong with sysvinit  (it looked awfully thin when I compiled it
)??
--duff kernel or stuff to enable in kernel ??

wierdly  there are no reports of errors it just freezes with the message as
reported in the original email.

Many thanks for you help.

sincerely
Bv