[Clfs-support] gcc-4.8.0 clfs udev questions

bvl bvl at btconnect.com
Sun Jun 2 08:40:08 PDT 2013

On Saturday 01 June 2013 11:16:39 bvl wrote:
> --1. Has anyone else tried eudev and is it compatible with clfs-bootscripts
>  --2. Has anyone tried compiling udev-182 with eglibc-2.17 installed and
> using the  LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -lrt" switch ?

UPDATE:-
for --2 udev-182 fails to compile with the LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -lrt" switch
the compiler output is as I indicated in previous posts.

for --1 eudev from git compiles and installs but the finished clfs build will
not boot.  eudev installs udevd in /sbin.  The clfsbootscript appears to want
this as /lib/udev/udevd so I made the following  symbolic link .
ln -s /sbin/udevd /lib/udev/udevd.   Also eudev has /etc/udev/hwdb.d for
rules.d  so I made the symbolic link  /etc/udev/hwdb.d  /etc/udev/rules.d.
But   these changes appear to have made no difference.

It starts booting and stops at a line such as this:-
3055141 rc(980) used greatest stack dept 3952 bytes left.

There are no log files for debugging as this is   the virgin boot.

I dod not enable many options in the kernel (linux-3.10-rc3) and I am
wondering if  this is where the problem is.
advice would be appreciated

sincerely
bv