[Clfs-support] Package Update Script

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Jun 3 14:40:11 PDT 2013

Greetings,

Bruce Dubbs, from the LFS project, shared a php script he uses to let
him know when there are new packages updated based on the development
book.

I've modified it to work with our git book. There are a few packages
which it has issues with, mostly those at freecode. And a few others.
Basically it grabs the current download locations and versions from
the git book and then checks the download locations for new versions.
Some places like cloog and libee won't let you do a listing to see
which files are new. So not sure how to deal with that.

People who want to see what I'm talking about can download it run it
with php after editing their email information in the script (it will
email you the results). You can modify it to print out the table
rather than email, though.

http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/clfs-latest-files.phps