[Clfs-support] HELP

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Tue Jul 23 20:12:49 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013, at 03:38 PM, mouhammed abdoh wrote:
> CLFS
>                 Embedded GIT-0.0.1-20130703.
> OS: linuxmint-15-cinnamon-32bit.
> Target : ARM.
> SETH is being used instead of CLFS as a name.
> Variables : ${SETH}=/home/mouhammed/Desktop/seth
>                    all the other variables are set and checked as the
>                    book says and written to .bashrc (as needed)
> I did all the steps untill i reached the GCC-4.7.3 - Cross
>                     Compiler Final when i try to compile the package it
>                     gives me this error :
>

> In file included from
> /home/mouhammed/Desktop/seth/sources/gcc-4.7.3/libstdc++-v3/include/precompiled/stdc++.h:47:0:
> /home/mouhammed/Desktop/seth/sources/gcc-build/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/libstdc++-v3/include/cstdio:136:11:
> error: '::tmpnam' has not been declared
> make[4]: ***
> [arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bits/stdc++.h.gch/O2ggnu++0x.gch] Error
> 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/mouhammed/Desktop/seth/sources/gcc-build/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/libstdc++-v3/include'
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/mouhammed/Desktop/seth/sources/gcc-build/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/libstdc++-v3'
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/mouhammed/Desktop/seth/sources/gcc-build/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/libstdc++-v3'
> make[1]: *** [all-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/mouhammed/Desktop/seth/sources/gcc-build'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> i am new and i need urgent help
> thanks in advanced.

Not sure urgent help is available but I do notice that following the
book's current configuration of uClibc that the 'make oldconfig' may end
up unsetting EABI for arm and asking a lot of not so easy questions for
config setting not currently included in the configs-patch, which is
unfortunate.  I'm not sure if this is your error but tmpnam should be
provided by the libc.

The current state of the uClibc configs patches needs some work, sadly.
This may all fall by the wayside if we move from uClibc to something
else real soon now so I'm not sure it'll get significant attention any
time soon but if you fall back to uClibc 0.9.31 then the config should
work better for you and build without issue (based on memory of older
book testing I did, haven't personally tested right now).

Thanks,
Andrew