[Clfs-support] Binutils-2.23.2 build error [CLFS Version GIT-20130703-x86_64-Multilib]

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sat Jul 6 11:02:30 PDT 2013

On Jul 6, 2013, at 4:03 AM, Krishnashish Gogoi wrote:

> Aha ;D I see. Just making sure here, when the fix is applied, I'll
> have
> to rebuild all the packages from that point, right?

No. There is no need to rebuild binutils and packages afterward
because packages won't rely on info pages.
Matter of fact, once you get past temp system binutils, you won't
encounter the error anymore as we use texinfo 4.13a.

Once Binutils 2.24 is released, then it'll be resolved. There are
patches on the net people can use.

You can use a binutils daily snapshot which will take you to Binutils
2.23.52 where the issue is already resolved.

http://sourceware.mirrors.tds.net/pub/sourceware.org/binutils/snapshots/

I generated this one from arch:

http://pastebin.cross-lfs.org/230952