[Clfs-support] Bugs in the CLFS-TRUNK-GIT-20130630

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Jul 1 08:34:54 PDT 2013

On Jul 1, 2013, at 7:30 AM, Iru Cai wrote:

> Hi,
> I am starting to build CLFS with the latest CLFS in git, and I found
> the following bugs.
> 1 I'm using texinfo 5.1, and binutils failed to build with it. A
> patch should be applied.
> 2 The gcc configure commandline may be wrong:
>   --with-sysroot=${CLFS} --with-local-prefix=/tools \
>   --with-native-system-header-dir=/tools/include --disable-nls \
>   --with-sysroot=/mnt/clfs --with-local-prefix=/tools --disable-nls \
> The third line should not exist.

Hello,

I suppose we could add a patch to binutils for ch5 and ch6, but then
we have the host system requirements.

Perhaps users could downgrade their texinfo version of the host or
they could apply the patch themselves.

Does anyone know if this issue is fixed upstream in binutils. I'd be
more in favor of a branch update patch rather than a patch just to fix
binutils and hosts with texinfo 5.x.