[Clfs-support] gmp check

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Sat Jan 19 09:49:35 PST 2013

On Jan 19, 2013, at 6:35 AM, Jorge Almeida wrote:

> CLFS-TRUNK-GIT-20130113/x86
>
> Everything smooth until 10.9. GMP-5.0.5, make check.
> Google shows similar messages, not necessarily clfs related, but no
> solution whatsoever. The book gives no hint about what to do when the
> critical test suite fails. Anyone managed to pass this stage?
>
> Jorge Almeida
> \
> /bin/sh: line 5:  8833 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ${dir}
> $tst
> FAIL: t-assign
> /bin/sh: line 5:  8887 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ${dir}
> $tst
> FAIL: t-constr
> \PASS: t-prec
> /bin/sh: line 5:  9026 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ${dir}
> $tst
> FAIL: t-rand

What is your target build?

You can compare with some test-suite logs here: http://cross-lfs.org/testsuite-logs/

Some builds are older than others, but the errors seem consistent.

I do notice some errors in my build of http://cross-lfs.org/testsuite-logs/git/x86/AMD-A4-3400/test-logs/117-gmp
It is an older build from 20121015

I do see it in this build as well http://cross-lfs.org/testsuite-logs/git/x86/INTEL-P3-TUALATIN-14/test-logs/117-gmp
It is from my older 20121101 build

I do see it in the x86_64 multilib build during the 32 bit gmp build.
However, I have not seen it in the ppc build.

It seems it is targeting x86 or x86_64 32 bit builds. Now this is
interesting.