[Clfs-support] Problem with EGLIBC in 10.7 on x86_64-Pure64

Chris J. Breisch chris at breisch.org
Wed Jan 16 15:56:36 PST 2013

On 1/16/2013 5:51 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2013, at 6:47 AM, Chris J. Breisch wrote:
>
>> /native/eglibc/build/resolv/libresolv_pic.a(gethnamaddr.os): In
>> function `getanswer':
>> /native/eglibc/eglibc-2.15/resolv/gethnamaddr.c:180: undefined
>> reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
>> /native/eglibc/eglibc-2.15/resolv/gethnamaddr.c:483: undefined
>> reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
>
> Hello,
>
> I just went through it without issues.
>
> Verify your config.log and build log with mine:
>
> http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/support/eglibc.config
> <http://cross-lfs.org/%7Ekb0iic/support/eglibc.config>
>
> http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/support/eglibc.log
> <http://cross-lfs.org/%7Ekb0iic/support/eglibc.log>

Well, I had already discovered that I misspelled configparms. I don't
see how that's an issue for this particular test, but perhaps it is. It
does mean that it was finding  ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 in /lib64 rather
than /lib.

Also discovered that I mistyped the value for my CXX variable when
compiling GCC back in chapter 6. The effect of that is that I likely
didn't get the "-m64" flag passed to g++.
You have pwd in /bin. Mine is in /tools/bin. Ditto bash, grep, egrep

The configparms issue *might* have caused this problem, but I'm
doubtful. Still, I see enough minor issues that I'm going back to square
one. It's all scripted, so I'll fix the scripts and re-start it. After I
boot the target system and install again, I'll run the scripts there as
well. I should be back up to 10.7 by sometime tomorrow. Will let you
know what I find.

Thanks for the help.

--

Chris J. Breisch<http://www.sports-gazer.com>