[Clfs-support] Python2.7 problem

Randolph D Dach rdach at telus.net
Fri Feb 22 06:26:14 PST 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 06:49:51 -0800
Ian <ebol4 at metalmetalland.com> wrote:

> In the 64-bit Python binary, for some reason, the lib directory is
> hardcoded to be /usr/lib. You have to move the 32-bit libs to a backup
> folder ( mv /usr/lib/python/lib-dynload{,-32}), then symlink to the 64-bit
> folder ( ln -sv /usr/lib64/python/lib-dynload /usr/lib/python/ (I think, I
> can never remember the syntax for ln)).
>
> So /usr/lib/python/lib-dynload actually goes to the lib64 directory now.
> Just switch it back when you need the 32-bit libs again. I used to have a
> script for this to make it faster, but I don't anymore. I'd recommend just
> writing up something quick in bash so you don't have to type the commands
> every time.

I just want to be sure that when I keep moving the 32 and 64 libraries around that the programs that use them can still operate.  example  gtk-doc built against 32 libs and 64 libs. I assume that since 32 bit programs are very seldom used that it shouldn't pose a problem.
thanks for your help.

has anyone tried Python3??  does it create the same problem??

tks
--
Randolph D Dach <rdach at telus.net>