[Clfs-support] Systemd

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 11 08:14:24 PST 2013

Hi

I notice William H has posted  a  request to Systemd as a ticket on the
trac wiki

I have been running such a setup for the past 6 months or so guided
quite a bit from the arch wiki , it wasn't that hard really, a bit
frustrating sometimes but got there in the end.

My initial procedure was to move all the installed packages in section
7, if you are going to boot into /tools with only symlinks in / pointing
to the respective binaries/libs  in /tools

This made it a lot easier to move to systemd in the final phase.

I did keep eudev and sysinitV for the temp phase, however they were
installed into /tools and symlinked.

In the final phase it was a case of following through the book with only
minor edits needed for systemd, primarily in the util-linux section and
then tacking on the systemd  dependencies at the end before installing
systemd.

Perhaps the book/process could be rearranged  like so, as not every one
will like systemd

regards

Martin