[Clfs-support] a strategy question

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 04:24:32 PST 2012

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM, code monkey <lfscodemonkey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't answer the eglibc static question but I can say that in my
> experience, newer tools chains usually work.   Sometimes you have to
> tweak -Werror flags to get it to build with the newer tools (since
> newer tools sometimes find new warnings...) but that is the only
> problem that I have run into.

I already ran into problems yesterday, when trying to compile m4 (some header
file not found). Googling suggested that it had to do with the version of
glibc, but no solution. I once used the LFS livecd to extract the fs image and
then chroot to use it as host. If the LFS site would provide some images of
systems known to work as hosts, it would solve this kind of problem, but of
course it would be more overhead for the devs (much lighter than keeping a live
CD, though).

Thanks

Jorge Almeida