[Clfs-support] No rule for make target when compiling eglibc

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Tue Jul 31 14:06:54 PDT 2012

On Jul 31, 2012, at 01:19 AM, Junkai Zhang wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have an issue when compiling eglibc-2.13-r13356.
>
> make  subdir=io -C io ..=../ subdir_lib
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/clfs/source/eglibc-2.13/io'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/home/clfs/source/eglibc-build/
> io/lseek.o', needed by `/home/clfs/source/eglibc-build/io/
> stamp.o'.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/clfs/source/eglibc-2.13/io'
> make[1]: *** [io/subdir_lib] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/clfs/source/eglibc-2.13'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Does it mean there are errors in eglibc's Makefile as it complains
> no rule to make target? How can I work around this? is there any
> patch for this?
> Google did not help, any thoughts will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> - drinkey

Hello Drinkey,

We need more information such as the chapter, which book being used,
what is your host OS?

What I can gather is that this is cross tools eglibc build using the
stable book which has eglibc 2.13. Can you post the whole build log
to a pastebin or here?

Does your host OS meet or exceed the host system requirements as
stated in the book? Did you run the version.sh script?