[Clfs-support] Fwd: Re: Mini2440 W.I.P.

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Tue Jul 24 11:24:41 PDT 2012

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:26:30 -0400
Andrew Bradford <andrew at bradfordembedded.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:16:18 -0500
> Ron McDowell <rcm at fuzzwad.org> wrote:
>
> > On 7/20/12 1:32 PM, Andrew Bradford wrote:
> > > On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:57:42 -0500
> > > Ron McDowell<rcm at fuzzwad.org>  wrote:
> > >
> > > What's the output of the 'env' command?  That's more informative than
> > > your rc file.
> > [clfs at d430(Linux)]> env
> > CLFS_HOST=i486-cross-linux-gnu
> > TERM=xterm-color
> > CLFS_TARGET=armv4t-unknown-linux-uclibc
>
> You can't do this.  Set to "armv4t-unknown-linux-uclibceabi" if you want
> to use EABI (aapcs or aapcs-linux).  If you don't, you'll hit the "FPA
> isn't supported in aapcs" issue later.
>
> > CLFS_FPU=
> > CLFS_ARM_ARCH=armv4t
> > CLFS_ARM_MODE=thumb
>
> Set to "arm".
>
> > CLFS=/mnt/clfs
> > PATH=/mnt/clfs/cross-tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
> > PWD=/mnt/clfs/sources/Embed
> > EDITOR=/usr/bin/vi
> > CLFS_ARCH=arm
> > PS1=\w\n[\u@\h(Linux)]>
> > SHLVL=1
> > HOME=/home/clfs
> > CLFS_ABI=aapcs
>
> Use "aapcs-linux" instead.  4 byte enums don't cost more but may save
> you some trouble down the road.
>
> > CLFS_ENDIAN=little
> > CLFS_FLOAT=soft
> > HISTFILE=/home/clfs/.sh_history
> > _=/usr/bin/env
> > OLDPWD=/mnt/clfs/sources
>
> I'm working on the "cannot compute suffix of object files" issue,
> hopefully I'll have something useful soon.

With those tweaks (and renaming my
${CLFS}/cross-tools/armv4t-unknown-linux-uclibc directory to be
${CLFS}/cross-tools/armv4t-unknown-linux-uclibceabi), I can build gcc
4.6.1 without anything put the softfloat patch.  The "cannot compute
suffix" problem goes away on its own.

None of the env vars I said to change above get used for anything
important until gcc (binutils uses the triplet but just for the
directory name, I think).  Although, rebuilding binutils after you
change your env may not be a bad idea in the long run, there may be tiny
differences that bite you later.

Try changing those env in your .bashrc, then logging out and back in
(as login shell) as your clfs user.  Delete your gcc-build directory
and do the configure over again.

-Andrew