[Clfs-support] Mini2440 W.I.P.

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Tue Jul 17 04:29:55 PDT 2012

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:13:02 -0500
Ron McDowell <rcm at fuzzwad.org> wrote:

> Hi all.  I recently got a Mini-2440 board
> http://www.andahammer.com/mini2440-sdk/ that I'm going to try and bring
> up CLFS on.  I have built and installed U-boot, 2.6 kernel, and busybox
> from source but would like to have a fuller OS.  Hopefully I can fill in
> some gaps in the Embedded version of the Guide here as I go along.  Is
> this list the best place for that type of comments/questions?  Thanks.

The -support list is best for questions.  The -dev list if you start
modifying the book.

Of note, uClibc and cross building limits things that will compile
cleanly without (sometimes extensive) patching.  Normal cross building
doesn't work for some popular software, and uClibc doesn't work for
some popular software, putting the 2 together makes things even more
fun. ;) Thus, if you're wanting to build more software packages than
what's in the book now, it may not always be smooth sailing.
That's just a heads up, I'm not trying to dissuade you from trying.

Currently, I believe both Dropbear and Wireless Tools build and
function well in my git repo's book.  Libnl and IPTables should also
work but I've not used them much.

My embedded git repo [1] has a few updates to it that haven't yet made
their way to the main book.  If you're making changes, base them off of
that and either send patches or git pull requests to the -dev list.

[1]: http://git.cross-lfs.org/?p=abradford/clfs-embedded.git;a=summary

I haven't had much time since spring 2011 to work on the embedded book
(my daughter was born a year ago and I got a new job at the end of
2011), but both the mainline book and my git repo should build fine for
ARM and MIPS (x86 32 bit may have some problems with the exact versions
of gcc, binutils, and uClibc [2] but updating each to now current
versions should fix the issue, I think).

[2]: http://trac.cross-lfs.org/ticket/876

Once I'm able to spend more time (or if someone else is willing) to
make a few more updates and do some testing, I'll get someone with
commit access to the main git embedded repo to pull from mine.

-Andrew