[Clfs-support] version-check.sh: /lib/libc.so.6: not found

Ron McDowell rcm at fuzzwad.org
Wed Aug 1 17:17:59 PDT 2012

On 8/1/12 7:08 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2012, at 18:52 PM, Ron McDowell wrote:
>
>> Thanks to new hardware here, I'm building up a new build box based on
>> Linux Mint 13 x86_64.  Everything in version_check.sh is found,
>> except for /lib/libc.so.6.  Closest thing I've found to it is
>> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 ... will that do?  Do I need a
>> symlink to /lib?
>
> I did some more digging and found this in the linux mint area:
>
> "Remember on the later debian-based distributions the folder
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu is for 64bit application only. The 32bit
> libs needed for any 32bit application will be stored in
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu when ia32-libs-multiarch package has been
> installed; though there are still a few in /usr/lib32."
>
> Ah ha!
>
> Okay give us some updates on how well it works.

I'm building for ARM here...we'll see how it goes.  My philosophy is to
try to stick as close to "stock" as possible and only add stuff as needed.

I was using Ubuntu 10.04 i386 before, but the new box is a quad i7 with
8GB RAM [yay!] and I don't like Ubuntu's new window manager so thought
I'd try Mint. I need the x86_64 to support the RAM.  That much RAM is
weird to me; I'm still running boxes that have less hard disk than that. :)

--
Ron McDowell
San Antonio TX