[Clfs-support] Contrib Build Script

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Wed Aug 15 17:51:13 PDT 2012

Hello Everyone.

I've been working on an automated process to build CLFS. The script
is incomplete. I'm sharing for more input or to help find errors.
Users can adjust it. Right now it is only setup for ppc. Eventually
it will include all possible combinations of packages throughout all
the arches of each book. Grub, aboot, etc.
It should be straight forward to add whatever a person wants to it.

I am not responsible if your system gets destroyed in any manner.
Have fun!

The scripts can be found here:

http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/contrib/

A user can dump the book commands from the downloaded book and create
build scripts.

git clone git://git.cross-lfs.org/clfs-sysroot.git
cd clfs-sysroot/BOOK

Next the user can dump commands like so:

make ARCHS=x86 RENDERDIR=/mnt/clfs/sources dump-commands

Then the user can change to /mnt/clfs/sources

Edit the create-commands.sh script to make sure ARCH is proper,
ARCH=x86 for this example.
It's set to ppc as I've been working with the PowerPC book.

At last, the user can run create-commands.sh

The scripts created will include cross-tools.sh   temp-system.sh and
final-system.sh

The user will be responsible for the chroot and boot sections and
everything after the final system.