[Clfs-support] chapter 6: GCC-4.6.1 - Cross Compiler Final ...build failed

Andrew Bradford bradfa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 03:49:06 PDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:21 PM, sayed israr <sd.israr at gmail.com> wrote:
> this is the version of clfs-embedded book i am using:
>
> -> Embedded - Version GIT-0.0.1-20110514-x86.
>
> -> yes, book is from your repo.

OK, thanks.  When I get some time, I'll attempt to recreate your
issue.  To be honest, I've not done much work building for x86, my
main focus has been on ARM with a little bit of dabbling in MIPS.

> -> this error is output of "make" command.

Your error is the compiler not being able to find stdio.h, which is
strange.  This should be a very easy to find header file.

>     This is the output of env command:
> -> clfs at israr:~$ cat ~/.bash_profile
> -> exec env -i HOME=${HOME} TERM=${TERM} PS1='\u:\w\$ ' /bin/bash

Can you provide the output of the actual output of the actual env
command?  Your shell should look something like this:
clfs at israr:~$ env

When you call env without any options it will print all the currently
set variables.  To ensure you don't have any host contamination, we
need to see all the variables.  My first guess as to why your build is
failing is due to host contamination or incorrect variables.

> -> i have earlier used the version of
> http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/.
>     but the error is same.

OK.  That's good to know.